Application and Prerequisites
The first step is to apply to LIU Post either online, or with a downloadable paper application. You can find both at https://apply.liu.edu/quickapp/
Once you have applied to the university, send in any/all official transcripts from previously attended schools to the university. Visit http://www.liu.edu/post/transferFAQ for more information.
There are a few things that are important to know:
- Entry term for this program is fall only. Admissions decisions are made beginning the January prior to the start of the fall semester.
- Applications are reviewed for general admission to the university and satisfaction of medical imaging program prerequisites. There is a secondary departmental application needed for acceptance into the major.
- Upon admission to the university and satisfaction of prerequisites, you may request the secondary application by calling the Medical Imaging department at 516-299-2743.
- The secondary application asks for: letters of recommendation from current/ former science professors and current/former employers; personal statement; Health Occupations Aptitude Exam; six hours of observation at any radiologic technology facility with supporting documentation on letterhead signed by supervisor confirming hours completed.
- Prerequisites for the Medical Imaging program are as follows:
- Anatomy and Physiology I (4 credits)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (4 credits)
- Algebra and Trigonometry (3 credits)
- Introduction to Computers (3 credits)
- At least 64 credits in the liberal arts